Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Riverside Market Cafe

Not going to name names here but there is a rather (let's go with) pretentious bar up the road from me in Fort Lauderdale that serves all sorts of beers from local and microbreweries. It is a (um, struggling for adjectives) hip place to go if you want to allegedly #drinklikealocal and enjoy a $100 bar tab. I do like it but probably more for the very well designed interior more than anything else. I feel I can't go in there and order a Bud because the overtly hipster staff are silently judging me and making dives to the break room to comment on my apparent mainstream tendencies.

This is not some unconfirmed paranoia I will have you know, the bar in question posted this lovely picture on their Facebook page earlier this week.

Obviously I am neither smart, logical or sane. I will give you sane but not logical and smart. I am bloody clever.

Now, it is not that I do not enjoy interesting beers. I most certainly do, but when I am being stared down by a Skrillex lookalike impatiently waiting for my order I panic and order something silly that I regret. AND when I do go to this bar I tend to only do so when their are drink specials on because, you know, I am not the CEO of a Fortune 500 company and paying over $10 for a beer and having to tip a grumpy hipster on top of that does not sit well with my wallet. During their 'happy hour' you feel even MORE pressure to order fast because now there are a whole bunch of people waiting to panic buy beer around you. It is stressful. I don't want stress when I go to a bar. I want beer. Bars are for beer not stress.

So here we are at the point of the post. Riverside Market Cafe. What a gem. What a little legend place. I'm going to say there are 6 tables inside and then a big area with couches. More importantly though, they have fridges where you can browse unhindered until you have settled on your desired brew. The staff look like normal people, they leave you alone until you need them, they are happy to assist you if you would like them to and they don't have weird hairdos and nerd glasses.

Best of all was when we took all of our empty bottles and our food invoice to the cashier (that is how you pay - it's genius). $67. I was amazed. That was 14 beers and a massive pizza (there were four of us by the way, please don't think I can drink 14 beers by myself) it works out to like $3.80 a beer. The prices do vary depending on what you are drinking obviously but seriously, there is no compare. Well there is actually. I will tell you what I paid the other night at bar #1 when my husband and I went for a snack and a drink. $80. For tacos and 4 beers.

Go to Riverside Market Cafe if you are in Fort Lauderdale. Go there and relax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML/Java Script

Mandy at Sea Follow my blog with Bloglovin