Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Lesson in Procrastination


Today I am going shopping. Not cool shopping, just grocery shopping. Most people can achieve this by saying, “I am going shopping.” Then they grab their bag and go. Simples.

Here is a list of things I need to do before I go shopping. I have already brushed my teeth, washed my face and eaten breakfast. And half cleaned the coffee machine.

Main things:

-       Get out of bed
-       Brush teeth (again, I am obsessed)
-       Get dressed
-       Find and put on socks
-       Find and put on shoes
-       Make sure I have my wallet
-       Make sure I have house keys, bike lock keys and mailbox keys (I think I have stuff in there)
-       Put sunscreen on

Auxiliary things (things that don’t need doing but will get done for the sake of procrastination)

-       Put my laptop on charge
-       Quickly finish my book (so that I have something to think about while I am cycling)
-       Wash the (3) dishes in the sink
-       Tidy the big mess of stuff I have accumulated on the dresser in our bedroom
-       Make a shopping list (it goes like this: Milk, chicken, some other meat, water)
-       Take my laptop off charge because my charger is in the lounge and I don’t like that people can see it if they walk past the house.
-       Close the bathroom window
-       Pump my bike tires
-       Put my laptop back on charge and close the blinds!
-       Make the bed
-       Have a quick snack
-       Go on the internet, get into an IM chat with my mother
-       Open the blinds because the house looks like a cave and I don’t want the neighbours to think I am still sleeping at 9am, relocate laptop and charger to the bedroom.
-       Get back in bed and watch something until the time is a round number.
-       Feel guilty because I know I should have left by now, suppress those feelings by checking facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML/Java Script

Mandy at Sea Follow my blog with Bloglovin