Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Yes To Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream | Review and Pictures


Would I say that my under eye area is a problem? No not really. I have slightly dark circles and have started noticing some fine lines but nothing I can’t live with. Still. I am all about taking care of my skin and I like using an eye cream. I have been pretty loyal to my Clinique All About Eyes cream in the past but stopped using it about a year ago when I fell out of love with the whole brand in general. It happens, I suddenly wake up and decide I am not brand loyal anymore.

Since then I have been in the eye cream wilderness, I used the Bobbi Brown one for a while and it was fine but not a perfect match. I want that holy grail product, one that I can definitely see and feel working. I know how my skin responds when it likes something, it goes very supple and I feel all healthy, like I have been eating avocados and drinking lots of water for a month.

I also tried two Estee Lauder samples, one of the Resilience Lift and another of the Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator. You can buy them here. I found them a bit ‘meh’ to be honest, certainly not worthy of the Estee Lauder price tag. I wonder sometimes about these cooling eye treatments, I have the Garnier one for when I need a quick eye wake up. I really want them to work, I feel like they do for all of 10 seconds and then they just stop.

Anyway, the cream I really wanted to talk about is the Yes To Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream. I was in CVS the other day and saw it, I like grapefruits, it was $16 so I thought why not? Maybe I will be surprised, maybe I need to climb down from my department store high horse (granted Garnier is drugstore, I bought into the gimmick though) and try something new. Well that was a poor decision on my part, I’m not saying that drugstore eye creams are bad but I think this one is.

Yes To Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream. Click here to read the full write up.

The packaging is fine, it is a little tube with a precision nozzle on the end of it, I must admit I squished too much product out the first few times but I am used to tubs at the end of the day. I don’t know why I was expecting a fragrance free product, I don’t think I necessarily was actually, it’s just when I opened the tube the scent hit me immediately. I was sad. I don’t like it when things have too much fragrance in them (read my Caldrea article here) and I felt like this may overpower any perfume I was wearing. I wasn’t at all excited to start plastering it around my eyes.

That being said, I gave this Yes To product a good old shot, I used it for three and a half weeks. Hmm, nothing good to say unfortunately, the fragrance made my eyes water, the product broke down my concealer (no matter how much I set the stuff), I started breaking out in these tiny weird whiteheads which all cleared up last week after I placed the tube in the box of products that I am none too pleased with. The worst part is I can’t say that my little lines look any less liney and I still have darkness under my eyes. My skin doesn’t feel supple or smooth, in fact I feel like my eye area is letting the rest of my face down at the moment.

I am back to wondering the wilderness, I may go pick up a sample from Kiehls they are pleasing me at the moment. Until then it’s teabags and cucumber I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML/Java Script

Mandy at Sea Follow my blog with Bloglovin